fullscreenmode and rect of a substack on mobile device ?

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Sun Aug 19 17:05:00 EDT 2018

You probably still want to set the rect for the footer to be sure it lands
where you want it on different size devices.  That could be done in the
preOpenCard handler (just put it where it needs to be for portrait)

on preOpenCard
   local tWidth, tHeight, tFooterRect
   put the width of this stack into tWidth
   put the height of this stack into tHeight
   if tWidth > tHeight then
      put 0,tWidth-50,tHeight,tWidth into tFooterRect
   else
      put 0,tHeight-50,tWidth,tHeight into tFooterRect
   end if
   set the rect of widget "footer" of me to tFooterRect
   resizeStack tWidth, tHeight
end preOpenCard

If the Pixel does receive the orientationChanged messages, then you could
use my first example.  That code does actually work on the iPhone, it is
just not necessary to manage it by hand like that.