Not many people know this.

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Aug 16 15:03:50 EDT 2018

On Aug 16, 2018, at 1:01 PM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

Of course it was too good to last . . .

I merrily filled a field up with a series of letters from 2 different fonts and then did this:
*
**set the text of fld "f2" to the text of fld "f1"*

and all my font stuff disappeared and everything ended up in the textFont of field "f2".

So . . .

The *BIG QUESTION* is how to retain one's "cocktail"
of fonts when taking some text from one field into another one.

The htmlText or rtfText properties should retain all formatting:

  set the htmlText of fld “f2” to the htmlText of fld “f2”

HTH,

Devin

Devin Asay
Director