Bluetooth detection and use?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Aug 16 10:46:54 EDT 2018

After a long long interval of not really coding anything, I’m thinking of a cross-platform app that uses Bluetooth devices. I see that mergNIC can tell me if my iOS has something connected via Bluetooth, but that raises a lot more questions than it answers, such as “what kind of device have we here?” and “oops, I’m on Android/ Mac/ PC, now what?”, and “glad we’re connected, how do we actually read some data?"

Is anyone out there using Bluetooth, or is it not a suitable thing to mix with LC?

TIA

Graham