Using stackoverflow.com

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Aug 15 17:09:07 EDT 2018

On 8/15/2018 2:10 PM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode wrote:
> This is a really good point. It *should* be trivial to put anything you've
> worked on in LC onto GitHub.

Like a *lot* of software (in fact I would argue all software), GIT is
easy if you know it and hard if you do not. Everything has a learning
curve. Sometime, even the initial time to figure of what to download and
install, how to start and use it in the most basic way, is still more
learning time that you have available.

I have made 3 attempts to get "started" with GIT on Windows 8.1 -
specifically to be able to access LiveCode stuff in GIT, and very
specifically to consider helping fix documentation in the Dictionary -
and stopped because I was interrupted by other work before I had enough
time to get very far.