Cropping a referenced image

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Aug 14 15:18:39 EDT 2018

Klaus! Brilliant! and "too easy" to boot

on mouseup

    put "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KO3l3-4pFyo/default.jpg"<https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KO3l3-4pFyo/default.jpg> into tURL

    set the itemdel to "/"; put item -2 of tURL into tImageName

    clone img "ytBtnIconTemplate" as tImageName

    put the long id of img tImageName into pImage

    set the filename of pImage to "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KO3l3-4pFyo/default.jpg"<https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KO3l3-4pFyo/default.jpg>

    set the icon of button "ytTubeThumb" to (the id of pImage)

end mouseup

# Now, we now we have the reference image (hidden on a card)

# so we don't have go to web to get them if they scroll "around" to the card again

on mouseup

    put "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KO3l3-4pFyo/default.jpg"<https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KO3l3-4pFyo/default.jpg> into tURL

       set the itemdel to "/"; put item -2 of tURL into tImageName

    clone img "ytBtnIconTemplate" as tImageName

    put the long id of img tImageName into pImage

    if exists(pImage) = false then

            set the filename of pImage to "https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KO3l3-4pFyo/default.jpg"<https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KO3l3-4pFyo/default.jpg>

    end if

    set the icon of button "ytTubeThumb" to (the id of pImage)

end mouseup

C'est merveilleux!

@ steve, i have used the copy,crop & exportscreen shot method on a puzzle where we need to take the words in a field and copy to "tiles" but there is a hit of the CPU that we can afford in mobile.

BR