Fun with Windows 10

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 05:20:00 EDT 2018

Not really, to be honest!

I have a pupil who has a PC running Windows 10 which he has stuffed "to
the gills" with
just about everything he can lay his sweaty paws on . . .

He is supposed to be working on his LiveCode project for the Summer
course but has the following problem:

He has installed both 8.1.10 and 9.0 (even though I told him to stick
with 8).

ON clicking on the symbolic link on the Windows desktop for LC 8.1.10
LiveCode starts up
and shows the Start Center: no revMenubar and no revTools bar.

I have tried ctrl-M to get the message box to tell the thing to show the
menubar and the Tools to no avail.

On dismissing the Start Center one is left with NOTHING.

Firing up LC 9  shows the squashed-caterpillar-green '9' splash screen
followed by NOTHING.

Obviously this won't do . . .

Richmond.