Using stackoverflow.com

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Mon Aug 13 17:51:14 EDT 2018

I think GitHub could be a great place to store/share stacks. Here is an example of what is possible:
https://github.com/bwmilby/lc-misc/tree/master/NestedDGBehavior

That is a binary stack but includes a readme.md that links to a screen shot and all scripts are exported from the stack and are viewable online (main ones linked in the readme). I use ScriptTracker (same repo) to export the stack scripts but have seen other tools that can generate text files too. That way people can browse the code and if they want to download they just need to get the one stack file to have everything.

I agree that just putting a stack on GitHub isn’t going to help people have any idea what they are viewing.

Thanks,
Brian