LC 9 and Memory

Stephen MacLean smaclean at madmansoft.com
Mon Aug 13 14:29:29 EDT 2018

> On Aug 13, 2018, at 2:07 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Is there any way to split up the processing of a single batch into pieces, each run in its own process (sequentially?) - that approach actually gives you two things - (1) a fix to the exhaustion problem you are having and (2) the ability to recover most of the batch if one piece fails.

It’s about a split up as I can make it… I like to do that myself because 1) Helps me follow the code better 2) As you said, a failure or error won’t botch the whole thing. The only way to really make it smaller would be to limit the query. But, after this initial “heavy lifting”, it will be run against MUCH smaller data sets, on a regular basis. At which point it probably won’t matter, but I can see a cumulative effect build up if it is a memory leak.

I will let you know on the dump.

Best,

Steve