Re [OT] Snakey Problem

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Aug 13 12:13:06 EDT 2018

On 08/13/2018 08:57 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> Last time I checked you sold at least two products which required a
> license...
>
> If you think licensing is silly, then why do you sell licensed software
> and not just give it away for free and open source as 'public domain'? :P

Nope. Not wanting to get into licensing wars here (the 'silly licensing'
thing was not meant to be a poke at LC), but the stacks I sell have an
initial low purchase price but no 'license' involved. A registration
code is required to download (always free) updates as they appear, but
there's no license check and no subscription and no locked code.

And as you well know, I give away lots of foss and public domain code.
:P yourself <g>

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com