[OT] Snakey Problem

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 04:23:42 EDT 2018

Like it or not (and mainly NOT), I have to offer Python to kids this
fall . . .

This is a b*gger for several reasons:

1. I love LiveCode.

2. To use Python to any effect apart from rather goofy manipulations
with numbers and text an install
requires 'modules' which are usually installed using a daft command-line
system using something call
'PIP' [ "Permanently Injurious Python" perhaps? ] . . . which I have
signally failed to get to work on either
Macintosh or Linux.

I wonder of anyone knows of a way to install Python 3 on Linux with the
main GUI modules "bound in":
i.e. a one-stop install.

Frankly, Python, by using this module system seems to defeat itself to a
certain extent: or, maybe I'm just
spoilt by LiveCode.

This question is very timely as Wednesday is Nag Panchami: the day of
snakes!

Richmond.