Intersect outputs different result in desktop and LC server

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 10 13:53:04 EDT 2018

jbv wrote:

 > Is it me or is LC9 server much faster than previous versions ?

A great many areas are measurably faster, some even noticeably faster.

v7 was a transitional series, necessary for Unicode along with other
deep revisions.  As a first pass at such a broad scope of changes, many
optimizations were not pursued there which have been implemented since.

I don't have a complete list of changes, or metrics.  I uninstalled all
v7 copies the day 8.0 came out, and removed 8 when 9 came out.

But if the details are of interest, some forum searches and Release
Notes reviews should provide those.

The short answer is simply, "much faster".

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems