stackfiles

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Aug 10 10:55:32 EDT 2018

Hi Richard.

I tested this. You don't get a conflict warning if the second stack attempts to open it's version of "splash" after the first stack had opened it's version. Instead, when the first stack has it's version of "splash" already opened, and the second stack tries to open it's "splash", LC simply goes to the "splash" the first stack already has open.

The only conflict warning I got was when I set the stackfiles of stack "test1" to one copy of "splash", then attempted to do the same thing with stack "test2" using a different copy of splash. I assume then that setting the stackfile propery actually opens the stackfile and leaves it open in memory. But subsequently opening either test stack will NOT automatically open their own stack files.

It may be that Linux or Windows is behaving differently.

So as I posted earlier, the only way to get around this, if you were so unwise as to have 2 versions of a stackfile floating around, would be to get the line of the stackfiles property for the stackfile you want to open, then use the full path, which is item 2 of the line. But then if the OTHER version of the stack file is open, THEN you would get the conflict.

Bob S