Windows: "not responding"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 7 13:58:55 EDT 2018

We've discussed many times here the anomaly in which an LC process on
Windows is running quite fine, but when it's working really hard the OS
starts monkeying with the window appearance, adding the string
"application is not responding" in the title bar.

In all cases I've see thus far, the app itself is fine, but apparently
it's not yielding enough cycles to the OS for the OS to feel comfortable
about the relationship.

Based on early conversations here, I had thought that a solution
addressing this was in progress, but checking the bug DB I can't find
even a report for this at all, let alone one noting "In Progress".

Anyone here know the status of this issue?  Should I file a new report
on it?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems