[OT] The problem with programming and how to fix it

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Aug 6 18:18:23 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-06 21:49, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
> Mark Waddingham wrote:
>
>> I think it might be quite unique amongst x-talks in another way too...
>>
>> How much of any of the others were written in themselves?
>
> Not many.  Toolbook, Gain Momentum, and SuperCard are the only ones I
> can think of beyond LC that had enough confidence in their tooling to
> use it to make their tooling.

I couldn't remember whether SuperCard's IDE was written in SuperCard or
not, interesting to know. I must confess I've never really had any
experience with Toolbook or Gain Momentum... Although I think I digested
Toolbook's reference guide / dictionary at some point (by reading, not
by actually eating and digesting!).

In any case, looks like we have a bit more work to do before we can
truly claim we are unique amongst x-talks on that particular vector...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps