[OT] The problem with programming and how to fix it

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Aug 6 13:15:08 EDT 2018

These are great points. This is why I say that computers don't *actually* do anything. All they do is arrange information in a way that humans can understand and act upon. That human may be a software developer who then feeds that information to a manufacturing device to build a widget. Or it may be information provided to the accountant so that a printer can actually pring the paychecks.

All these are incredibly useful things, but the computer is not "doing" any work in terms of moving mass. And what it looks like they are doing, say flying an airplane or drawing a spreadsheet, is really an illusion created by a long string of software developers to transform information we understand into a binary form, make some calculations, then convery the binary information back to another form of information.

Bob S