valueDiff for arrays?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Sun Aug 5 19:37:09 EDT 2018

> On 6 Aug 2018, at 8:03 am, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> True, but syntacticly I like the idea of being able to place "not" in front of any boolean without having to remember where it's legal and where it's not. I also think it's harder on the engine (this off the top of my head without looking at the code <g>) to specify where "not" is legal.

Actually you need to be careful to remember not to put not before a boolean expression without putting parenthesis around the expression because anything that is not “true” in LC evaluates to false. For example:

not “foo” is “bar” -> (not “foo”) is “bar” -> (not “false”) is “bar” -> “true" is “bar” -> “false”

not (“foo” is “bar”) -> not “false” -> “true"

Cheers

Monte