Getting Started with DataGrid and another datagrid form

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Aug 5 13:03:27 EDT 2018

I slowly studying as much as we can on the datagrid,and "digging" in it with an first attempt to build a form.

One thing is not clear to me.

1) Have the  WYSIG panel to build the datagrid form.

2) why then do we  have, in the Behavior Script  this handler?

Isn't the layout already pre-determined in the template?

on LayoutControl pControlRect, pWorkingRect

local theFieldRect

-- This message is sent when you should layout your template's controls.

-- This is where you resize the 'Background' graphic, resize fields and

-- position objects.

-- For fixed height data grid forms you can use items 1 through 4 of pControlRect as

-- boundaries for laying out your controls.

-- For variable height data grid forms you can use items 1 through 3 of pControlRect as

-- boundaries, expanding the height of your control as needed.

-- The working rect is defined area of the control you can safelt use.

-- Use this rect to make sure your controls don't overlap with any edit mode controls.

-- Example:

put the rect of field "Label" of me into theFieldRect

put item 1 of pWorkingRect into item 1 of theFieldRect

put item 3 of pWorkingRect - 5 into item 3 of theFieldRect

set the rect of field "Label" of me to theFieldRect

set the rect of graphic "Background" of me to pControlRect

end LayoutControl

BR