Data Persistence

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 4 16:22:16 EDT 2018

On 8/4/18 2:27 PM, John McKenzie via use-livecode wrote:
>   Thank you to the additional people who welcomed me. I contrast this
> with the time I asked a question on Usenet about a scripting language I
> was learning and the first reply told me I was awful (true, which is
> why I was asking questions) and to come back and only ask questions
> when I have the script I posted working.

Well that's a Catch-22 now, isn't it. We like to think we're better than
that. Please feel free to ask anything, even if you think it's stupid.
We've all been there. And besides, any mocking on the list usually turns
into a bad joke thread you'll be sorry you started. Conf.: "brains".

>   Would having the app place something into the field put focus on the
> field?
>
>   What I am really wondering is when it comes to the buttons can I leave
> them be because the text fields have code to save their info when the
> focus leaves or should I add code to the buttons to tell them after
> placing the info into the text field, save same info to an array?

Text-related field messages generally only trigger when a user
physically types into a field. Script-inserted text does not generate
those. You'll need to do a save after your handler changes the text,
which isn't a problem because you know when the script does it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com