put URL oddity

Stephen MacLean smaclean at madmansoft.com
Fri Aug 3 16:12:34 EDT 2018

> On Aug 3, 2018, at 3:54 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> On 08/03/2018 10:07 AM, Stephen MacLean via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I’m experiencing at put URL oddity:
>> Entering: put URL "https://www.google.com” into the message box returns the HtML for the google home page, which is what I expect.
>> Entering: put URL "https://www.milfordmirror.com/“ returns absolutely nothing, no errors, no content whatsoever. Just empty. Not what I expect.
>
> Using Chrome's developer tools I can see no redirection going on here.
>
> Watch your use of double quotes there. Your final character is a 'smart' quote (%E2). If I fix that then the put statement works fine.

Thanks Mark, but that quote here is a regular quote. And I get nothing, even if I type the whole thing into the message box, which is what I’ve been doing to test.

Using Charles W’s neat little tools for debugging requests (https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/debug_liburl.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/debug_liburl.livecode>) I get that error:

_proxyForURL_proxyForURL end with none foundProxy for URL:
Rebuilt URL to: https://www.milfordmirror.com/

Hostname www.milfordmirror.com was found in DNS cache

Trying 104.31.78.67...

TCP_NODELAY set

Connected to www.milfordmirror.com (104.31.78.67) port 443 (#50)

WARNING: disabling hostname validation also disables SNI.

SSL re-using session ID

SSL peer handshake failed, the server most likely requires a client certificate to connect

Closing connection 50

Using his tool for TS Net (https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/sample_sync_stack.livecode) I get:

tsneterr: (35) SSL peer handshake failed, the server most likely requires a client certificate to connect

I’m all for figuring this out, but something seems to be very different between our results.

Quitting LC has no effect as well.

I’m running MacOS 10.12.6

Thanks,

Steve