CEF browser question

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Aug 3 13:46:43 EDT 2018

Bill,

Are getting bit by iOS App Transport Security (ATS) for non https sites? Try disabling ATS on the iOS standalone settings pane.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

Folks,
As I was working on and testing the browser widget, which seemed to fail when tested on my iPhone, I thought the problem was with the browser widget, but it turned out to be that I was trying to link to a web site that wouldn’t let me load it because I was using a vpn on my iPhone. The vpn wouldn’t let them load their tracker. Nasty.

So, I thought it was a browser problem and looked into using the CEF browser. Docs say it is no longer supported in LC9 versions, but I see the entry in the inclusions. Is there a reason this inclusion is relevant, or am I missing something?

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org