Identifying IDE stacks

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Apr 27 18:09:21 EDT 2018

On 04/27/2018 02:45 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> It used to be we could identify IDE stacks because their names started
> with "rev" but that's not true anymore. I want to scan for and list any
> open non-IDE stacks. Does anyone know offhand if there's an existing
> function in the IDE that identifies IDE stacks? Or maybe there's a
> property to check for?

If you're just looking at the open stacks, you can iterate through them
using

revStackNameIsIDEStack(tStackName)

which will return true if it's a system stack.

According to the comments for revIDEStackNameIsIDEStack which call it,

A stack is considered part of the IDE if any of the following are satisfied:
* Its name begins with "rev"
* It was loaded by the initialisation library
* Its name begins with "com.livecode."
* Its name is "message box, answer dialog, ask dialog, or home"
* Its _ideoverride property is true

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com