Splitting long elements into two lines in an Option Menu

dunbarx dunbarx at aol.com
Fri Apr 27 00:32:41 EDT 2018

Hi.

If I were you, with the task you laid out, I would not use an option menu.
It is not good with wide menuItems, and it is not natural, if even possible,
to select multiple lines in the way you want.

Use a list field instead. A field has many properties that are denied an
optionMenu, which is really just a button.

You can have multiple lines selected, by trapping "mouseUp", say, and with
the clickLine, select the following line as well. Or the following five. Or
the previous. That sort of thing. A field just is far more able in this
regard.

Craig Newman