TOOLS ROUNDUP! TOOLS ROUNDUP!

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:00:39 EDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 8:30 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <

> a stack that will build a text file of the scripts of
> all of the open (non-IDE) stacks (except itself).

​I just saw this. FYI, in Navigator you can right-click on any selection of
items and then select "Scripts > Copy" to set the clipboard to the scripts
for the selected objects, or "Scripts > Copy Enclosed" to copy all the
scripts for the objects within the selected objects. So to get the behavior
you're describing you would select "Stack List" on the Stack menu, then
select all the stacks, then right click and select "Scripts > Copy
Enclosed". Then paste wherever you like. It doesn't account for behaviors
at all at present -- they weren't a thing when I wrote the code. If anyone
has suggestions regarding that, or the format of the output, I'm happy to
hear them. The output includes the long name and long id of each control,
like this:

-- scrollbar "Topics" of card id 1003 of stack
"/Users/gcanyon/Desktop/relay redux.livecode"
-- scrollbar id 1006 of card id 1003 of stack "/Users/gcanyon/Desktop/relay
redux.livecode"

on scrollbarDrag p
   put round(2^(p/10)) * 10 into fld (the short name of me)
   set the endvalue of scrollbar "interest level" to 2 * p div 3
end scrollbarDrag

-- card id 1002 of stack "/Users/gcanyon/Desktop/relay redux.livecode"
-- card id 1002 of stack "/Users/gcanyon/Desktop/relay redux.livecode"