macOS "Recovered files"

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Apr 24 12:58:17 EDT 2018

Hi Klaus,

i´ve checked here and see the same folders Recovered files(#1……10) with the same content you are describing.
In my case there was also a .csv file in that folders. The .csv was  created with LC and was stored in temp folder originally.

I´ve then checked the temp folder and see also those files, but not the “Recovered files..” folders.

At https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25506?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US <https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25506?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US>

there is a description about recovered files/folders in trash.  According to Apples description this happens when an app quits unexpectedly and is not able to delete the temp files before it quits. After a restart of the Mac these files are appearing in trash.

I´ve tried here now several times and reproduce it with the following steps

1. Start LC
2. Quit LC
3. Restart Mac
4. A new “Recovered Files #…” folder is in trash.

So it seems, LC 9 GM does not delete the temp files correctly before quitting or maybe is quitting to fast or whatever and Mac OS X recovers those files after a restart.

That seems to be a bug, doesn´t it?

Matthias