TOOLS ROUNDUP! TOOLS ROUNDUP!

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Mon Apr 23 19:49:50 EDT 2018

> I'm still thinking about sessions for LCG.  One of the suggestions I had
> seen was an intro on tool x.  How about a tools roundup?  Names and URL's
> for your favorite LC tools go in this thread, please.  More is better so I
> don't leave anyone out.

Over the years we have made some tools that we find useful. It comes as a toolbar that sits under the LC tools.

http://canelasoftware.com/pub/canela/DEV_TOOLS.rev.zip <http://canelasoftware.com/pub/canela/DEV_TOOLS.rev.zip>
Simply place this in your plugins folder for easy access. Or pull out the parts you like and add them to your own tools.

DEV TOOLS
Normally used with Toolbar Icons turned off
Dev Tools will place itself under the LC toolbar
GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (LGPL3), full license in stack 'dev tools' UNDER HANDLER 'GNULICENSE'

LIVECODE
- Clear message box history
- Upper case everything in clipboard
- Toggle 'hidePalette' property
- Support for script editor dark themes. You manually set the dark colors in script editor preferences. Select 'default' for colorization. This changes the font colors in script editor to work with dark backgrounds. Supports the differences between LC 8/9 in terms of how the handler list is generated.
- Various keyboard shortcuts for:
-   toggling pointer/browse tool (ctrl - tab)
-   hide/show handler list in script editor (ctrl - +)
-   hide/show lower pane in script editor (ctrl - *)
-   hide/show menubar in Mac (option - spacebar)
-   hide/show Dev Tools (option/alt - z)
-   hide/show LC project browser (cmd - e)

TIMING
- Easily time code for benchmarking

CODE LINTER/CLEANER
- Check code for variable rules
- Cleans spacing between handlers
- With 'script compilation mode' engaged, find variables that could not be cleaned or auto declared

ORPHANED PUTS
- Globally searches all code and generates a list of lines with orphaned puts
-    Click on list to be taken to statements found
- Check one script in the clipboard and add '& LF after the message box' when you want to use puts as a log

SOCKETS
- List all open sockets
- Optionally close all sockets

CONTROL DETAILS
- Hover over a control and get the full path of the control in 'Dev Tools'
-    Optionally: hold down the option key while hovering a have the full path of control placed in clipboard
- Other useful details about the control are listed as well like: id, layer, lock, autoHilite, width, height, top/left/right/bottom

OTHER THINGS
- If you poke around, you will find other nuggets in there that may/not be useful to you. Those listed above are used regularly.