some thoughts on version 9.0.0

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 18:15:58 EDT 2018

As has been pointed out in the Forums: as new LiveCode versions come
out with new capabilities and new features quite a few of the features
available in previous versions
are removed: this may well be, as has been explained, the necessary cost of
the new features.

About 4 years ago I had to 90% recode my Devawriter Pro because of this
"feature drift" . . . a time-consuming
and tedious exercise, but the end result was that my App continued to
function on more recent recensions of
operating systems.

While my recode was a bother, I gained more than I lost.

Richmond.