mergAccessory

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Thu Apr 19 18:21:45 EDT 2018

> On 20 Apr 2018, at 2:01 am, Douglas Ruisaard via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I am pursuing another course of action for my iOS USB investigation... in the meantime, in case I need it, I'd appreciate some assistance with mergeAccessory.
>

> first, the associated doc (api.lcdoc) to mergAccessory is a tad out of date... referencing LC v 5.5 ... but adjusting for version 8.1.9, while there is a "Settings.plist" file in the specified path, it is "unreadable by either by  Xcode 9.2 or  Xcode 8.2 ==> "The data couldn't be read because it isn't in the correct format".  Using an alternative plist reader "Perf Setter", I get a "The document 'Settings.plist" could not be opened”.

You need to edit in a regular text editor. We have some replacement fields that the standard plist editors don’t like.

> Next, I do not see any key as referenced in the api doc:  <key>UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols</key> ... that's OK.. I assume I'd have to create this key but the example only show how to specify the protocol ... the docs say:
>

> "... Each device in the MFi program has a name and one or more protocols it supports ..." .. so where does the "name" go?

You just specify the protocols

> Finally, I don't see what the example code is supposed to be demonstrating.  A bit more explanation on that would be appreciated.

I’m pretty sure the example code will be printing to a portable bluetooth receipt printer because that’s the use case that mergAccessory was implemented for even though it can work with any made for iphone accessory as long as you have the protocol docs.

Cheers

Monte