Contributing to the IDE

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Mon Apr 16 22:48:22 EDT 2018

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/README.md

Those two docs have most of what you will need. If you have purchased
LiveCode Global 2018 then you can watch the talk I gave last month on
setting up your system to build from source (Linux was the demo).

Once you have the repo on your seat, you can branch and make any changes
required and do a PR. Just be sure to keep straight which project you are
in. The IDE is separate and most of the stuff related to the IDE is in that
sub project. I find it easier to just do everything in a branch and build
from source to check my work - even when working on widgets. I do have a
stack I use to check dictionary updates though (but it doesn’t check that
examples compile... need to get that included at some point).

Brian
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:45 PM Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <