iOS usb/serial access and use

Douglas Ruisaard dougr at telus.net
Mon Apr 16 13:27:18 EDT 2018

Hmmm... I found an interesting and possibly an exploitable approach... possibly in combination with Monte's suggestion that "mergAccessory" may be a component.  In the link:
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/13605/how-to-get-started-with-interfacing-usb-devices-to-ipad

 ... there is discussion about using a MIDI device as an attachment to an iOS device.  I could easily get the arduino to appear to be a MIDI device, since that merely involves using a specific "protocol" for moving data AND there are many arduino project which use the arduino for MIDI processing, input and output.

Question is.. how would I go about "marrying" the two... a MIDI "device" and Monte's "mergAccessory" external?

Douglas Ruisaard
Trilogy Software
(250) 573-3935