How to properly mount your home folder in VMWare Fusion for doing development work

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Apr 13 12:20:44 EDT 2018

I’m posting this in case it helps anyone else facing a similar issue.

Yesterday I finally contact VMWare support about an issue I’ve been having
for quite a while now. During development I work on Mac and perform sanity
checks on Windows running in VMWare Fusion. When I find an issue on Windows
I prefer to quickly make a change in my dev tools and Mac and then relaunch
on Windows. Sometimes, however, the files I modified would appear as
corrupted and wouldn’t open in Windows until I restarted the VM.

The solution is to mount your Mac as a network drive rather than using the
Shared Folders feature in VMWare Fusion. Full details can be found here:

http://www.bluemangolearning.com/livecode/2018/04/vmware-fusion-mounting-a-network-drive-for-reliable-cross-platform-development-with-livecode/

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps