DataGrid anomaly?

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:25:30 EDT 2018

Thanks Bob - that works fine.

I had tried referencing group "dgDataDisplay" of this card - but that
didn't work. So I need to be more precise in naming the card!
My stack is a plain vanilla stack with a few buttons and a dataGrid on one
card.

When I step through the code the error occurs at line 155 but *only* when
its called with the other handlers in the main button. It doesn't fail when
the 'displayDataInDataGrid' handler is called from a different button.

As to why I didn't set the dgText to an array - I thought it had to be a
tabbed list (My array keys contain 2 or 3 sub keys and the main key needs
to be decoded to provide a date, which is displayed along with the stored
data and other info calculated on the fly)

Again - Many thanks for your help

On 11 April 2018 at 15:41, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> Also what happens when you step through the code?
>
> Bob S
>

> > On Apr 11, 2018, at 06:53 , Ian McKnight via use-livecode <
> >
> > createTabbedDataList

Regards

Ian McKnight

iangmcknight at gmail.com