Can't seem to build standalone in LC9.0.0

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 10 16:59:05 EDT 2018

Panos wrote:

 > In the error msg I saw a reference to "openstack". In LC 9 (started in
 > RC-1 I *think*) we no longer lock messages when building a standalone.
 > This was necessary to fix other problems and it is mentioned in the
 > 9.0.0 Release Notes under the section "Breaking Changes".

I'm sure there's a good reason for that, but it sounds like a world of
hurt.  In fact, standalone building has long been more disruptive to the
development workflow than it could be.

Any reason standalone building can't be done in a separate process?

That way we could keep our setup just how we like it while we're
working, initiate the build, and not have the flashing of flying windows
coming and going and re-inititializing our apps just to get something
tested as a standalone.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems