[OT, maybe] - configuring a Windows Installer for a Standalone

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Apr 10 13:14:39 EDT 2018

Hi Bob

Yes, your interpretation is right. InnoSetup didn’t mind the line PrivilegesRequired line (no error flagged up) but the behaviour of the final step of the installation - launch the app - gave the same error as before. But modifying the Standalone Settings as you suggested did the trick. I agree with your opinion of the UAC default. What I don’t understand is why there haven’t been more complaints about this. Heaven knows, it’s a pretty obscure and irritating process (creating installers for OS’s that one doesn’t know intimately) but you’d think others would have had the same problems as I did.

Graham