9.0 Crashes Constantluy

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:29:10 EDT 2018

BR:
I have not tried to build standalones during the last few releases, but with the latest 9.0.0, I am. I notice that when I build my standalone, it loads all of the stacks in the “Stacks” list (in standalone settings. Also, I use a splash stack approach) and leaves them in memory. So, when I want to do a debug after building and trying the standalone, I have all of my stacks loaded and it interferes with my workflow. I’d really like the project to return to the state I started with. It also seems to run scripts in my project which sets various globals. Note: I have implemented Panos’ suggestion to test for the mode of stack “revStandaloneProgress”.  I have a script that returns the project to it’s initial state, but to be safe, I find this behavior forces me to quit livecode and reload it, to make sure my project is returned to its initial state for continued debugging.

This seems like an undesirable behavior. I can live with it, but ….

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://earthlearningsolutions.org