[OT, maybe] - configuring a Windows Installer for a Standalone

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 09:58:25 EDT 2018

Hmm, thanks for the discussion. I see that it is not a straightforward issue, and I am probably forced to get my hands dirty in the world of Windows. I am aching for a very simple set of step-by-step instructions, but of course that is not the job of anyone on this list! BTW, I am also asking in the Inno Setup forum, and have had some replies, but despite my references to LiveCode, it appears that nobody there can believe I’m not using Visual Basic or C++. There is dark talk of manifests, about which I know nothing, but maybe I can piece together an idiot’s solution.

I must say I am astonished that I am the only person seeing this (apparently). I was seeking almost the simplest possible installer for an LC Windows standalone. The only thing that isn’t simple is that as it’s a splashstack design, there has to be a folder with the other components (stacks and the like) rather than one simple .exe file in the \Programs folder. Probably not relevant.

I feel I am still bumping around in the dark. When I die, you will find “LiveCode deployment” written on my heart.

Graham