[OT, maybe] Another deployment issue - uninstallation (Windows)

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Apr 4 19:02:05 EDT 2018

You are on the right track. An installer system registers everything that needs to be removed during an uninstall with the Windows system.  I myself am not familiar with the different ways of doing this, but I know sometimes there is an Uninstaller application installed with the app. In these cases you must use the Uninstaller app in leiu of the Programs and Features method.

I know that if you delete an application folder or registry entries and an uninstaller is expecting them to be there, you may get those kinds of errors. About the only thing you can do is reinstall the software, then use the uninstaller to get rid of it. If that fails, the installer is somehow misconfigured. Cerain Anti-Virus products come to mind.

Bob S