Zygodact queries

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 4 18:00:53 EDT 2018

Hi Graham, nice to hear from you.

The first issue with the malformed text is related to a thread on the
mailing list where a bug was discussed; plain text copied to the
clipboard would generate styled versions all by itself, and that's what
gets pasted. Brian Milby wrote a bug fix for that which appears in LC
9.0 so if you recompile with that engine it might solve the problem. It
does rely on the copied text being plain text only, so your idea to
distribute serial keys as plain-text mail is probably a good one.

The inactive Register button is a known issue. The activation of the
button depends on a keydown message so if the user pastes the key, no
message is sent. Hitting any key -- arrow keys, space key, etc. -- is
the workaround for now. I haven't quite figured out why it sometimes
works on my Mac and not on some other machines; it may be a Windows
issue but I haven't nailed it down yet. It doesn't happen to everyone.

Hope that sheds some light,

Jacque