Zygodact queries

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Apr 4 17:37:48 EDT 2018

Hi Jacque

It’s a long time since I wrote to you about Zygodact, but I’m using it quite happily to support Art DiVito’s PointPlots app, which I know you contributed to some time ago.

Zygodact works well, but there are a couple of small issues. I realise this is all ancient history to you, but I wonder if you have any comments:

1. When the user pastes in the user name (their email address) and the licence code generated by Zygodact, the paste isn’t “plain text” - I suppose it’s whatever size and style the email which we sent to the user generates. The result is that often, especially on Windows for some reason, the code looks large and lumpy and somewhat overflows the frame of the dialog box one pastes into.

2. On the Mac version, when one pastes in the code, sometimes the “register” button doesn’t activate (sometimes it does, but I can’t understand the difference between the two cases). If one presses for example the right-arrow key, then it does. Of course it’s trivial to explain this to users, but can you think why this happens?

I suppose I can solve (1) by making sure our emails - which come via FastSpring - are actually plain text. Would you recommend this?

Be assured that there are no show-stoppers here, but I’d like to see your comments, if any.

Thanks in advance

Graham