Guessing game

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Apr 3 11:58:01 EDT 2018

When I was first exposed to arrays in Foxpro, I saw them as ordered blocks of memory which could be addressed using integer values. Back then an array in memory resided in a contiguous block of memory for efficiency, and were 2 dimensional, so a reference to an element was myArray(x,y) (if memory serves heh heh). I naturally saw variables as a string reference different kind of object in memory. I still do. Livecode therefore supports two types of variables in my understanding: String and Array.

This becomes evident when you try to write either to a file. A string you can. An array you have to convert to a string of sorts (arrayEncode) to save it anywhere but in LC memory or an LC property.

Bob S