Value & parentheses when doing math

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Apr 2 17:57:14 EDT 2018

The second one is more readable. The third is unnecessary. The first works just fine. It just depends on how readable you want to make your code for others. I always take the time to put values into their own variables so I can point at them in the debugger and see their current values in the stepper. So:

put item 4 of line x of tList into tValue
add tValue to tRunningTotal

seems to me to be more readable, at the expense of a little extra typing.

Bob S