AcceleratedRendering States When Opening and Closing Stacks

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Sep 29 21:11:37 EDT 2017

Jonathan:

The layermode of the scrolling groups is preset to "scrolling"

The question is about the sequence as it relates to visual layer rendering

Open Stack A, turn on acceleratedRendering
Open Stack B, which also turns on its "own" acceleratedRendering
Close Stack A, *after* having open B "on top of Stack A

What are the issues, if any, with turning AcceleratedRendering On and off in the above sequence, especially on Android.

a) do we need a "super-nuanced" on and off with careful timing? Seems way too difficult for any newbie unless we have very good documentation.

OR

b) is just this simple:

acceleratedRendering only affects the visible stack on top and the engine, the vRam/visible view that the user sees of the top stack is totally unaffected by the state of the acceleratedRending of stack A above *during and while* Stack B is opened and rendered on the device

the latter seems to be the case on iOS, on Android we are seeing a lot of oddities. Debugging is virtually impossible since it works on iOS and Desktop..

On Android, you can start throwing query dialogs.  after opening Stack B and Closing Stack, you do

put the short name of the top stack into tTopStack

Answer tTopStack with "OK"

and you get "B" (the one just opened) but on screen we see Stack A (the one just closed)