Remote debugging - expected behavior

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Sep 29 01:55:34 EDT 2017

On 9/28/17 8:54 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:

>> On 29 Sep 2017, at 7:13 am, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. One more question: should remote debugging work with script-only stacks that are part of the app? I have several breakpoints set but none of them trigger in a test build.
>
> Hmm… the issue here is script only stacks will not retain breakpoints as they are stored in custom properties. I guess this is something that needs some thought in general as the breakpoints should be retained between sessions in the IDE too.

Makes sense. I could have used it today, this app has virtually no
scripts anywhere in any stacks, but has dozens of script-only stacks
used as libraries and behaviors. That's where the breakpoints had to be.

With the introduction of the Levure framework, more people will be using
this method now too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com