Remote debugging - expected behavior

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 28 14:45:51 EDT 2017

What is the expected behavior of remote debugging? I'm not sure if what
I see is how it is supposed to work, or a bug.

I have an app that does not have the remote debugger included in the
Inclusions pane. Looking at the revStandaloneSettings custom properties,
it is (correctly) not in there either.

Every time I do a test build, LC asks if I want to start a remote
debugging session. Until I noticed the dialog, I thought the app had
hung on launch. I have to provide a response on every test build before
the app will run. Also, even if I just relaunch the app after
installation, it asks again. Basically I can't run the app without
replying to the dialog. Is this correct behavior?

Also, as I mentioned before, if I say "yes" to the dialog, and quit the
app via the Home or App Switcher, there is no message that debugging has
been discontinued. I am pretty sure that's due to the fact that LC
doesn't send any messages with those keys. At any rate, when that
happens, the scripts can't be edited as they are still in a locked state
and I can't find a way out of that unless I quit and relaunch LC.

What is the expected behavior? There's no toggle to control remote
debugging.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com