A modest proposal for a new property

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 27 11:59:39 EDT 2017

Exactly.  This discussion has raised so many very different use-cases
that I don't believe any single solution will satisfy them all.

In those cases where an irregular shape needs to work like a rectangular
button, it would seem simplest to use a button displaying the image as
an icon.

Where an image needs to treat clicks in a way that reflect its visual
outline, the default behavior may already suffice in some cases, and in
others there may be ways to adjust the alpha threshold for the desired
effect.

Where Mark Wieder expects arcs to be clickable only within the visible
shape, I agree and would call that one a bug, so the behavior is made
consistent with polygons and images.

And where an SVG widget needs a clickable region larger than its bounds,
the SVG widget would need to be enhanced to provide that.

All of these are practical desires, but each has its own solution.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems