LiveCode 8.2.0 DP-1 Dropping Keystrokes in IDE

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 20 12:57:43 EDT 2017

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 >> On Sep 20, 2017, at 09:42 , Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >>   Thousands of language features
 >> * Thousands of language features
 >
 > unintended recursions... :-)

Au contraire, mon ami.  While I'm frequently guilty of sloppy writing,
in this case I was referring to the interactions of language elements.

I can use a command in one context for a certain level of complexity,
but when used with function calls it may become more complex.  And as
part of a decision block (of-then or switch-case) even McCabe
acknowledges those decision blocks add complexity.  And where do, send,
value, or dispatch are used, complexity grows even more.  Then we
consider interactions with things beyond our control, like the
interactions between socket comms and firewalls, or file I/O and OSes
and their file systems, and so on.

That there are thousands of language features is itself a daunting test
setup.  That many of these interact and affect one another compounds
that many-fold.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems