Script Editor Autocomplete Optional?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 14 12:07:44 EDT 2017

Don't feel bad, the requests for autocomplete have been constant over the
years and I think far more people will want it than not. For myself, I'm at
the far end of minimalism, I don't even use script colorization. Anything
that distracts my eye gets turned off. I had the same problem with the new
handler list suggestions because they interrupted my spacial memory of
where in the list my own handlers should be.

I do think I might use it on those occasions when I can't remember a term,
which usually happens with newly introduced features. The suggestion to put
a quick toggle into the contextual menu is very tempting for that reason.
Another reason for a toggle is to turn it on while writing new scripts and
toggle it off when debugging or editing existing ones.

This isn't an issue for me of "not liking change", I enthusiastically
embraced the new bracket completion. It's just a visual distraction issue,
which I don't deal with very well for some physical reasons.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com

On September 14, 2017 1:14:55 AM Monte Goulding via use-livecode