Android Audio Playback & Recording

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:22:02 EDT 2017

Hi Peter,

This part of your message caught my attention.

Peter Reid wrote:
> 3. Figure out how to compare the two sound clips
> (sample against user), or convert the user speech input
> into text for comparison with the original Word. Again,
> any good ideas would be welcome, but I'm prepared to
> do a bit of general research about this.

Comparing two audio clips is considered a difficult task
but in 1994, "Claire Interactive Musical Coach" a voice
training software for 68k Macs could do this with
great accuracy.
https://www.wired.com/1994/03/sing-directly-into-the-mac/

Of course, that software was created by Opcode
engineers. The same people who at that time was
creating the best audio software for Mac.
(Later, many of them started working for Apple)

Today, hardware is much more powerful than 68k
macs so you could be sure that this task is much
easier now than it was 23 years ago.

https://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Fingerprinting

Maybe, just maybe, you could convert user recorded
audio into an image (or line graph) and compare this
against the image or line graph of original audio sample.

Al