Vector graphics, again

jonathandlynch at gmail.com jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 09:38:51 EDT 2017

I looked into this a few years ago for a project - just converting images into SVG. It is a very difficult problem to do in LC, because the application has to trace out lines and convert them to vectors. This is not too bad for very simple black and white images. When the images involve complex shapes and lots of colors, the resulting SVG files can be very large, with many many paths.

So, you could take a snapshot of a group to get an image file, then submit the image file to one of the online raster-to-vector converters. The resulting SVG may or may not be adequate, and may or may not work well in LC, but seems worth trying.

Sent from my iPhone