TSNet error 6

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Sat Sep 2 16:44:55 EDT 2017

RalphM wrote:
> The first thing I do before any network access is to ping my server with a
> https request to a LC backend server script that returns "OK". I set the
> timeout for 2 seconds. If the returned data is not "OK" or take more than 2
> seconds then I put the app into off-line mode.

On IOS this is a bit easier.

See

reachabilityChanged
iphoneReachabilityTarget
iphoneSetReachabilityTarget

 in LC’s dictionary.

"The network connection on iOS devices is generally more transient than normal network connections and can change between wireless and wide-area wireless (GPRS, 3G, EDGE etc.) transport as it moves, and indeed be lost entirely. As the behavior of an application may vary depending on what kind of network connection is present it is useful to be able to monitor a given server for the type of connection the device currently has to it."

Jim Lambert