use-livecode Digest, Vol 168, Issue 5

Todd Fabacher tfabacher at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 06:33:54 EDT 2017

Thanks...Andy, Alex & Mark!!

I think we can find a solution. *Richard*, this sounds like the perfect
open source community project. What do you think?? We can host the stuff on
GitHub, but create an interface within the IDE with an online DB that can
be queried. we could slap a simple RestAPI on it and people could query it
to get helpful code snippets and usage examples and complete App examples.

Digital Pomegranate could host the DB, or better would be LC. They have to
just drop a MariaDB or Postgre SQL [sice mySQL is not an open source
favorite anymore] and we can create a simple API to post or pull from it.

What do you think??? That is another thing off the core coder's plate so
they can focus. We coul deven to the RestAPI in LC script as an example of
how to setup an API using LC on the server??? - Nice!!

--Todd

On 01/09/2017 22:44, AndyP via use-livecode wrote:
> Enhancement Requests added to the Quality Center for Sample Stacks

Good ideas !